We all know that music therapists are all-around awesome. We do a lot in our work. We observe amazing things in music therapy every.single.day.
And these are 10 reasons why you should date (heck, MARRY!) a music therapist.
1. We possess lots of great attributes you want in a person – we are creative, talented, musical, tech-savvy, caring, dedicated, patient, passionate, and memorable.
2. We adapt and fit in any situation you throw at us. Heck, we even have a song for that. Nothing scares us.
3. You will probably get a lot of alone time and full control of the TV remote. Session planning, researching, writing grants, learning new songs, laminating, and organizing instruments takes a lot of time.
4. We have a song for every situation (yup, there’s a song for that!).
5. We are smart. Pre-clinical placements, internship, and CBMT exam? No problem.
6. We have an organized car — because it acts as our office, our music studio, our closet, and our instrument transporter. And we probably have a sweet sound system.
7. We are logical, practical, and objective because…evidence-based practice, of course.
8. We are super patient. We are in it for the long haul.
9. We are great at scheduling a date. Because we are Tetris Scheduling Masters. If you need to cancel, make sure to give us 24 hours notice.
10. You will be dating a superhero.
Am I missing more reasons? Let me know in the comments. 🙂